Update: After the 19th of July it will not be mandatory to wear your masks inside but it is up to you as a guest to decide if you still wish to wear one, Hand sanitizer will still be available throughout the property and we ask you to be mindful still of keeping your distance with other guests/in the communal areas.
Please use the sanitiser in the hallway when entering the property and ensure that you wash your hands and sanitise them before leaving your room.
We have also intensified our cleaning routines to keep our guest as safe as possible.
A thermometer can be found in the first aid box in reception should you need to use it during your stay - please let us know if you do use it as we will need to sanitise before put back into the box- please take to your room with you
If a guest presents symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay, we will endeavour to do everything we can to assist, following Government Guidelines set out to us,
- Please inform a member of staff as a matter of urgency if you have COVID symptoms and immediately self-isolate in your room or vacate the premises.
- We will then call the guest to update them and assess the situation and establish if the guests need to extend their stays or leave immediately (as per current government guidelines the guest will be expected to pay the costs of an extended stay in all but exceptional circumstances).
- We will be advising guests to either stay in their bedrooms or return to their residence without delay depending on their circumstances.
- We will assist if needed with calling doctors, 111, 119 (to request a test) or an ambulance will be offered if necessary.
- We will immediately clean/sanitise all of the public areas and place quarantine signage on the guest room door.
- On departure, we will request that the guest strips the bed and place linen and towels in bags provided and to open windows of bedroom before they leave
- We will leave the room empty for as long as possible – but for a minimum of 72 hours